We are excited to announce we have been shortlisted for another award within The Lloyds Bank British Business Excellence Awards with our CEO a finalist for the New Entrepreneur of the year Award!
What is The Lloyds Bank British Business Excellence Awards?
Attracting a variety of organisations, from disruptive start-ups to established SMEs, it’s the largest and most comprehensive business awards programme in the United Kingdom. These awards celebrate businesses that found new ways to support their communities and employees and thrive during times of hardship. This awards programme celebrates the resilience and innovation of the UK’s businesses after a highly challenging last 20 months. This nomination is a fantastic achievement!
What does it mean to be a finalist for the New Entrepreneur of the Year Award?
- As a finalist, we are now part of a year-long programme of content and networking.
- This will culminate in an exciting awards ceremony with over 1,000 business leaders.
- Furthermore, the ceremony will involve meeting like-minded individuals and networking with the best in the business on a national scale.
- The finals for this award will take place in early November in central London.
Who is Eddy Chan: SchoolOnline CEO and a finalist for the New Entrepreneur of the Year Award?
- Eddy has a passionate desire to democratise access to top-quality education.
- Having enjoyed a career in the Financial Markets Sector spanning over 20 years, Eddy founded SchoolOnline, having seen his own children go through the education system.
- He witnessed the opportunity gap created by the private tuition market
- 25% of children are privately tutored, providing them with valuable additional support and exam-specific strategies. This has helped them achieve better outcomes than their less affluent peers.
- Moreover, Eddy identified a significant opportunity to leverage technology to deliver digital tuition at an affordable scale to everyone.
- SchoolOnline had to stand out from the competitors in the quality of education and accessibility for children in order to be successful. Eddy achieved both of these things by engaging some of the UK’s leading examiners to create the tuition videos while building a technology platform optimised across all devices.
Why has Eddy been shortlisted for this award?
- Eddy runs an entirely meritocratic organisation where every team member has the opportunity to make a difference. We have recently recruited four new staff members under the government’s Kickstarter initiative. Young people who are vital to our organisation and provide insight into our key audience. While also allowing us to give back to them by providing them with experience, career guidance and mentoring.
- Vital to our success as a start-up is also our ability to seek out corporate opportunities. Under Eddy’s leadership, we have achieved partnerships across a wide range of sectors. All of these help us to achieve our purpose and reach the scale we need.
- Eddy has played a fundamental role in launching or Pay It Forward Campaign. This campaign provides an effective way for businesses both small and large to help fund the provision of our platform to schools in the business’s local community. You can read more about it and the enormously positive feedback we’ve has about from schools and businesses alike here.
In conclusion, we are really looking forward to the awards ceremony towards the end of the year. Indeed, to be shortlisted amongst some incredible businesses and entrepreneurs is an honour. You can read all about the other awards we have received here.