Meet Baker Labels, the newest local company supporting school children’s education through our Pay It Forward Campaign!
2020 and 2021 have been undeniably challenging for everyone. School closures and uncertainty over exams have made a difficult year even more tricky for students sitting critical exams. Furthermore, the affect of COVID has also hugely widened societal inequalities and access to education, such as revealing the extent of the digital divide. Above all, this is exactly why we started the Pay It Forward Campaign.
What is the Pay It Forward campaign?
Our Pay It Forward Campaign has been running since December 2020 enabling local companies to support school children’s education.
- Businesses purchase subscriptions to SchoolOnline for the children who need additional revision support the most.
- We match the contribution by up to 500%.
- The individual or business chooses a local school to contribute to.
- GCSE and KS2 students benefit from access to our powerful online revision platform, proven to boost grades on average by 31.7% in just 6 weeks!
Brand new local company supporting school children’s education
We are delighted to welcome Baker Labels to our Pay It Forward Campaign!
Who is Baker Labels?
- Baker labels is the UK’s leading trade label printer.
- It has been a family business since it’s establishment in 1973.
- Operating in Brentwood, Essex.
- It also now has 4 divisions. Baker labels, Baker Materials, BakPac and Sportstiks.
Baker Labels’ discussed why they got involved in Pay It Forward, which school they are supporting, and what they hope this campaign can achieve:
How did COVID affect your business?
“There were positives in that we were able to adapt to the new circumstances and remain in production throughout. Being able to reassure our customers and staff that we were part of the supply chain put us in a better position than many other types of business. Our annual turnover was around 10% down on previous years but still being able to realise a profit has allowed us to support charities and local community projects.”
Which school will you be supporting?
- Baker Labels’ contribution will be supporting students at the Bobby Moore Academy, Stratford.
- This will help GCSE students with their crucial English and Maths studies.
Why did you want to get involved in supporting school children’s education?
“The Pay it Forward scheme is something we at Baker Labels believe could make a real difference to those students who cannot afford private tutors”
Baker Labels said that:
- This year has been a challenging year for so many, but especially students and teachers.
- This disruption could negatively affect the future of many students in crucial exam years if extra support is not given.
- The Pay it Forward scheme is something we at Baker Labels believe could make a real difference to those students who cannot afford private tutors.
- This support is paramount in reducing the damage to student’s education. It should be made accessible to as many students as possible.
“Baker Labels is proud to be a part of the scheme and we look forward to hearing how our funding has helped students at The Bobby Moore Academy.” We are delighted to welcome Baker Labels to the campaign!
To read more fantastic news about local companies supporting school children, head to our success stories page. There you will find a diverse range of businesses and individuals, all committed to helping students reach their full potential in spite of the challenges posed by the global pandemic.